Accurate testing is key to ensuring an efficient papermaking process and a high product quality. From knowledge of the pulp, to the mineral filler content, surface porosity, hydrophobia and haptics, having reliable data on hand enables manufacturers to achieve their production goals and a quick Return-On-Investment. In addition, easy digitization of the results gives papermakers a significant advantage when it comes to efficiency.
To this end, emtec Electronic will be presenting their established palette of specialized testing equipment – as well as introducing their latest innovation – at the renowned trade fair Zellcheming Expo 2023. The following testing devices will be on site at the exhibition:
- The latest innovation includes a proven measuring method in a high-quality new design, equipped with new features for measuring haptic properties of hygiene paper. With regard to new possibilities in digitization, an additional option offers enormous advantages for all users and paves the way towards Industry 4.0.
- The TSA Tissue Softness Analyzer delivers objective and precise measurements of the haptic-relevant parameters for paper products softness, roughness, and in-plane stiffness. The TSA’s algorithms combine these individual parameters to derive an overall hand-feel value that correlates very well – often up to 100% – with the results from traditional hand-panel tests. Compared to the extensive time needed to organize and conduct hand-panel testing, however, the TSA delivers actionable data within about a minute. Since its introduction in 2004, the TSA has since become an industrial standard and has been featured in a TAPPI Technical Information Paper (TIP). The TIP, titled “Objective Determination of the Haptic Properties of Tissue Products, Technical Information Paper TIP 0808-07 (2021)” covers the theoretical background of haptics, how the TSA device measures the three basic parameters for determining haptic feel, and discusses application possibilities for the paper manufacturing process and quality assurance.
- Uncertainty or inaccurate data about the particle charge and fiber capacity can lead to enormous resource waste, as chemicals are often excessively added to the pulp to achieve the desired effects. To prevent this, CAS touch! Charge Analyzing System quickly provides an accurate analysis of the cationic demand / anionic particle charge of the pulp. The FPA touch! Fiber Potential Analyzer reliably determines the surface charge of the fibers, a.k.a. the Zeta Potential.
- The ACA Ash Content Analyzer enables a precise identification of total mineral filler content and a detailed percentage breakdown of the individual components without combustion, and within seconds. This allows manufacturers to improve process efficiency and save costs by reducing filler consumption, minimizing process fluctuations, and lowering energy consumption.
- The EST Surface & Sizing Tester provides accurate measurements regarding the surface porosity and sizing. It is not uncommon for problems to occur in the gluing, coating or printing processes during paper production, even when the standard specifications for the base paper have been met. Most often, these issues arise because these standard data say less about the converting-relevant parameters at the surface of the material. The examination of the surface porosity and surface hydrophobicity with the Surface & Sizing Tester allows manufacturers to pinpoint specific problems and accordingly optimize the process.
Those attending the Zellcheming Expo are invited to stop by booth 147 in the North Hall of the Expo to meet Sales Area Manager Stefan Rübesam and Eric Haagen as well as the Sales Manager Ulli Kasten to learn more about the latest innovation, talk about the whole range of emtec products and discuss new ideas.